Chiropractic care can effectively and naturally address musculoskeletal issues, treat chronic conditions, and relieve pain. When considering the benefits of chiropractic treatment, you might wonder about the costs. There are several factors that determine how much a chiropractor costs.
If you’re wondering, “How much does a chiropractor cost in California?” we’ll help by exploring what factors influence the cost of chiropractic care here in the Golden State and what those costs cover.
How Much Does a Chiropractor Cost in California?
The cost of chiropractic care in California can vary widely based on several factors, such as:
- Geographic location
- The type of chiropractic treatment/specialties provided
- The prescribed number of sessions for your specific condition
- Your insurance coverage.
In California, the average cost for an initial consultation typically ranges from $90 to $300, and follow-up visits range from $60 to $160 per session.
Factors that influence Chiropractic Costs in California
- Location: Treatment costs are influenced by geography and location, as living costs vary considerably. In California, the cost of living is much higher than that of most other states, with metropolitan areas such as San Francisco incurring higher average healthcare expenses.
- Type of Chiropractic Treatment/Specialties: The type of treatment required depends on your specific condition. Simple adjustments may cost less than specialized techniques, such as treatment for scoliosis, spinal decompression, or spinal alignment traction.
- Duration of Treatment and Frequency: The number of sessions needed for effective treatment can depend on your condition and the severity. While some patients find relief after a few sessions, others may require ongoing care or seek preventative and maintenance treatments.
- Insurance Coverage: Your out-of-pocket costs may be substantially lower if your health insurance covers chiropractic care. You’ll want to review your policy and contact your provider to verify eligibility, understand copayments and deductibles, and verify coverage limits.
- Chiropractor’s Experience & Reputation: Chiropractors with specialized expertise and extensive experience and those with a proven track record for delivering exceptional care may have higher rates than those relatively new to the field.
Average Chiropractor Costs in Several California Cities
How much does a chiropractor cost in California? Here are some estimates to help you better grasp the expected cost based on some locations in California.
|City||Average Chiropractor Cost*|
|Sacramento||$115.79 – $141.87|
|Stockton||$142.86 – $176.38|
|Oakland||$130.48 – $159.89|
|San Francisco||$116.44 – $188.51|
|Costa Mesa||$124.70 – $124.70|
|Simi Valley||$127.18 – $155.84|
*Costs are based on average prices adjusted for inflation
At PostureWorks, we provide an elevated level of care backed by advanced treatments and specialties that include but are not limited to:
|Postural Physiotherapy||Personalized and comprehensive plans to restore function & provide relief to the body as a whole system.|
|Spinal Rehabilitation||Stop the progression of injury to the spine and, if possible, reverse it. Improve how the muscles, ligaments, discs, and tendons work by restoring optimal alignment.|
|Postural Correction||Reverse the effects that poor posture can have on back, neck extremitiesReverse the compression on discs and nerves.|
|Scoliosis Treatment||Correct and restore abnormal lateral spinal curvature|
|Digital X-Rays||Use biomechanical digital X-rays to diagnose patient’s spinal biomechanics (movement patterns) & implement custom treatment procedures.|
|Foot Orthotics||Provide custom-made foot orthotics to provide the body with the best foundational support|
These advanced treatments surpass traditional chiropractic care, offering a proactive approach to tackling your pain’s root causes. By rectifying spinal misalignment and posture issues, you can enjoy improved body mechanics, which in turn help prevent injuries and the onset of chronic conditions.
This commitment to improving whole-body health is what separates us from other chiropractors and makes us the best chiropractor in San Francisco.
PostureWorks is the Best Chiropractor in the San Francisco Bay Area
When answering the question, “How much does a chiropractor cost in California,” it’s important to consider the quality of care and available treatment types. Whether you are suffering from acute pain, a chronic condition or prioritizing preventative care, we believe in giving our patients the best. That’s why PostureWorks uses the most advanced and effective treatment techniques to help achieve long-term relief and enhance overall quality of life.
Our approach is based on Chiropractic BioPhysics® (CBP), a science-backed corrective spinal alignment and function technique. We start with an initial exam and health assessment to create a personalized treatment plan, including spinal adjustments, muscle therapy, posture exercises, and neuromuscular re-education. Our objective is to provide lasting relief by addressing root causes, eliminating pain, and preventing recurrence.
Contact us today if you’re still wondering, “How much does a chiropractor cost in California?” or to schedule your appointment with PostureWorks.
Chiropractic BioPhysics®, or CBP, is a deeply researched and results-oriented corrective care technique. CBP-trained chiropractors aim to realign the spine back to health and optimal function. As with all chiropractic care, CBP is conservative, painless, and non-invasive as with all chiropractic care.